I trained as an Integrative Psychotherapist. This integrative approach encompasses all of the therapeutic approaches to therapy such as humanistic, cognitive behavioural, gestalt and psychodynamic and attempts to fuse them into an approach that is best suited to the individual.
I aim to provide a non-judgemental, warm and safe environment in which individuals or couples can explore their issues – working with clients on a short term or long term basis, providing therapy based on the integrative approach in a way that best suits that persons needs and aims.
Some clients may benefit from in-depth exploration of their issues whilst for others a cognitive behavioural therapy approach may best suit their needs.
I can work face-to-face, via skype/facetime, or by telephone with both individuals and couples.
My sessions last for 50 minutes and are generally held weekly. I work flexible hours and so can accommodate those requiring appointments before or after work, as well as during the day (from 7.00am – 8.00pm, Monday – Friday). Some weekend appointments are also available.
Jo is experienced in working with issues that include:
- Depression or low mood
- Low self esteem – e.g. lack of confidence, lack of assertiveness
- Anxiety -e.g. general anxiety, panic attacks, intrusive or repetitive thoughts, compulsive/repetitive behaviours
- Relationship difficulties
- Bereavement and loss
- Trauma – e.g. experienced after exposure to a distressing event, exposure to physical, sexual or emotional abuse (childhood sexual abuse, domestic violence or bullying in school or in the workplace).
- Life transitions – e.g. job loss, retirement or major life changes
- Personality difficulties
- Eating Disorders – e.g. anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, compulsive eating, poor relationship/attitiude towards food
- Attachment Issues
- Chronic Illness – e.g. disability issues
- Body Image